Tuesday, March 16, 2010

i could not bell the CAT... so what??



Before you begin reading this article one thing I want to make it very clear; that this article is solely, whole-heartedly for those who were not able to bell the cat (IIM’s) this time and are in mood to give it a more trials. And for all the new ones who are making their brains ready to play cat n mouse game – for cat will remain be a computer based test (CBT).


I begin my story

I began every single day with a hot cup of tea and with my books – for I was preparing for the most dreadful exam since six months before that exam. I lucubrated into nights, took coaching classes, bought a new laptop (you know why), attended extra classes, gave mock cat’s and enjoyed the whole learning process. Really, I enjoyed. This routine of mine became my lifestyle. I was very much sure that I will certainly come out with flying colors. Finally, I gave my ordeal on 4th of December. I was happy after the exam; not for it happened to be my good exam ever but for I just gave it. It really does not matter much to me whether I will get into the top 10 or not but what matters to me the most is that I gave my 100% okay 99.99%(c’mon this is enough to get a call from the IIM-A).

But what if guys if i could not make it through. Do I have any other options –race it again, plan to do my MBA from a foreign country, work with some company or an NGO, suicide, poison, and kill Samir barua (IIM-A director). Hold aside these options for the time being and think what you are really made for. Think of your interests, think what you like and follow that. Do what you love. But please do not think of giving you a second, third, fourth, chance – for there are much better things to do in life. Okay, my die-hard CAT takers can go for the second try but no further please.

Go for what your dil says not what your intellectually powered uncle.
Okay,Tell me what will you choose?
A) Your love (gf/bf) to marry you or
B) A girl/boy of your mamma’s/maussis/ chachies choice

My answer is (A) – lock kar diya jaye. What about you. This is your choice in life. You definitely want jocund life after all. Go for that. Go for love. It will, I am sure, give what you long for – riches, prestige, a nice spouse, learning, knowledge, wagera-wagera and above all happiness.

Therefore, no need to pour money into the iim’s bursary by registering for the next CAT. Instead give yourself a treat that you have saved your papa’s money or give some  money to cyber cafĂ© wala and spend time writing blogs and share your experience – for I love this and doing it( not getting money obviously),but enjoying. And of course I would like to share my cat score with you guys which is 78%ile but still happy after giving my 99.99%. And for now I am  happy, cheerful, focusing on college projects, looking forward for opinions.

14 comments:

coolgal said...

nice article.its so true that we must enjoy what we do like rancho(3 idiots) else would be lost in the race.

Unknown said...

great blog brother..even my story is smwhat similar to you.Don worry we may not have been able to bell the cat but since we have given 99.99% i m sure dre is smthing better for us thn evn IIMs may be we become CEO of sm company.Now please dont confuse guys CEO is cheif entertaining Officer after all we all want happiness....GREAR BLOG BROTHER it really brought a smile on my face after a long time...THANKS.....U ROCK

reeni said...

really nice one .life is a journey not a race.CAT is just a train.all we need to do is take up the right train which can leave us at the destination of our dreams...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

thats very true...my friend got 99.94%tile with only IIM A call...he had put in a years hardwork..
may be cat is not that great after all

penUltimatePlayer said...

it's looking like a loser tale.
who is trying to evade from reality.

sagar V said...

it seems to me that some of my readers have taken a different route to my opinion...
let me answer them by asking a question..

do one should really endevour to take CAT another time despite the fact that in his first or second attempt he was no where close to the required %ile ? you decide

give your suggestions

Unknown said...

@KUMAR its better to sm time evade from reality otherwise EINSTIEN a school drop out would have never been able to make it big....so is the case wit ANIL AGGARWAL(VEDANTA GROUP) A scrap seller now he is among top 10 metal tycoons,SAURAV GANGULY A GREAT COME BACK if he would have believed ppl he would have never made that come back.....dude remember CAT is just a small step towards corporate career failin in it does not mean u ll fail all through out ur life.....CAT IS NOT THE END OF LIFE ITS JUST THE STARTING OF ANOTHER ONE.....its my view NO HEART FEELINGS PLEASE.....

prateek said...

watvr plans one makes,in the end its all destiny,doesnt mean that u dnt have to put effrts,bt if u luk at most of the events in ur life ,u can connect them like a trail of dots

A said...

o teri! 3i dekhi hai fir bhi aise betuke sawaal? Hero, agar billi maarni hai to mast angreji movies dekh, mock cat ke test le, quant/di ke skills sudhaar. Aiwein blog pe 2 digit junta ki opinion leke 6 digit competition fight karega kya?

Think about it!

Anonymous said...

Among the best content I have ever before checked out on this topic. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Extremely informative write-up. And I really mean that

Anonymous said...

For me it's an incredibly desirable post. I'd prefer to study much more concerning this subject.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I have happened to be searching for subject areas being intriguing as these. Looking forward to the next submit.